Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No Berlin, no gay parade.

Friday night, just as I finished packing my bag, I sprawled out on my bed and grabbed my cell phone. Set the alarm: 3:13 am. Just as I put the phone down and closed my eyes to get what would have been 2.5 hours of sleep I had a second thought, rolled over, and just to be safe set my analog alarm to 3:15 am. Armed with 2 alarms, 2.5 hours of sleep, and my bag already packed I figured I'd be in pretty good condition to make it to the airport on time without too much trouble.
Yea, think again. Next thing I knew I woke up, greeted by a light blue-pinkish sky and recognized that something was wrong. I hadn't heard any alarm, and glancing over at the clock on my nightstand saw that it read 5:45 am. You know those moments in time where everything stops and you realize that you've done something completely idiotic that can't be amended? Yes, this was one of those moments. With my flight for Berlin taking off at 6:25 am from Bergamo, there was no way I was making this one. It was a sad morning in the life of this jet-setter.

1 comment:

  1. :(

    did you make it to warsaw this weekend!? Sorry I couldn't call you for the WakeUp--I was in a no-service zone in the mountains of West Virginia!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 26 year old Swedish-American half breed living in Milan. Born in Ă–stersund, Sweden, raised in Manhattan and moved on to live in Montreal, Gothenburg, Milan, and have come full circle back to NYC. I've got an amazing family I'm very close with(even though we always seem to be spread across 3 different continents) and the best friends anyone could ask for.